Friday, August 26, 2011

It's time

Slowly but surely we are getting back into our routine.



School has started,we know which classroom to enter, where to hang our backpacks, where to go for pick up. What is expected for the day.

Landon had his first visit to the dentist. He was so excited to have his own turn in the chair. He braved it and climbed right up, much braver then myself. I am one of those people who will come up with any excuse to not go to the dentist. I dread the chair. But he seemed to love it until he heard the dentist mention that it was time to say bye bye to the paci.... Ut oh. Then the tears came rolling down his cheeks. Quickly he was given his very own toothbrush bag and yellow bouncy ball, that changed everything.


Now, it's time for me to finish the quilt I started, dare I say, a year ago. How the time flies. It's been patiently waiting on the top shelve of my closet. I hear it whispering for me to pick it up every time I pass. I have been trying to ignore it, but the urge to take it down and get it done is getting stronger.

Then there is the gym. Yes, it too is calling my name. Before today it had been 6 months since I had set foot on a piece of gym equipment. I have been told that hair, nail, and massage appointments do not really count. How unfortunate is that. So today we went. One boy at school, the other two and little girl with me. Everyone seemed fine. No one cried, all was going smoothly until.... The lady on the treadmill next to me had her tv set on the channel that shows the nursery. Then she looks at me and comments on the poor little boy standing there staring at the door. It's Landon, standing by the door waiting for me to come back and get him. Of course as I am doing my fast walk work out, my eyes are glued to the screen, I was sure he would get distracted and play. No sir, he stood, and stood,and stood. After a half hour I decided to go get him, poor little guy.
Anyway, the littles and I have made it back and with time my fast walk may turn into a run. It's time to not look pregnant anymore. It will take time , it's not top priority. The 4 little ones that got my belly looking the way it does are my number one.
Honestly the best part about being back at the gym was seeing all my gym friends. They to are getting everyone back to school, trying to lose their bellies, at least we have one another to laugh about it with. Cheers to all the other mamas out there!



1 comment:

  1. Finally, time for Landon to play with everything with no body taking anything out of his hands and telling him to get out of the way. Peace and contentment for the little guy, touching all the things he's wanted to explore. No more paci....he will get over it in a couple days, at least he has his blankie, at least til it totally falls apart.
    Love Ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete