Monday, September 12, 2011

blessings

my cup is full again.  i thank god for answering my prayers.  late afternoon yesterday, lily's beautiful blue eyes started to shake back and forth, nystagmus.  i called the pediatrician and was up all night with worry.  today we took a trip to the pediatrician, then the eye doctor, there was talk of seeing a neurologist (oh my)!

spasmus nutans is her diagnosis.  it is rare, my pediatrician has only had one other case in over 25 years. even the eye doctor has only seen it on rare occasion. its cause is unknown and should go away with time.  not sure how much time, but supposedly, it goes away.

she has it, but we are blessed to know that it has a good prognosis.  i am not looking forward to her mri appointment, but we will get through that too.

thank you for answering my prayers.



3 comments:

  1. Baby Lily, the sweet little one always with a smile ready for anyone! One of the many lights of my life......we are truly blessed and give thanks each and every day. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your feeling better! What a smile on that little one! Miss you and love you all. Erica

    ReplyDelete