Tuesday, September 27, 2011

me

today at drop off i made my way into luke's classroom.  he usually prefers to walk himself in, but i decided to take a peek after bringing logan to his class.

immediately i was surrounded by cute little girls smiling and giggling with lily.  girls, so very different then boys.  then one little girl asked me why one of my eyes was smaller then the other.  it has been so long since i have even thought about my accident or how it has effected me physically.  i simply told her that i was a in a real bad car accident and that is how my eye is now.  she nodded and i told her the good thing is that it does not hurt.  satisfied she went on to play with lily and landon.  then all the other little girls began telling me stories of grandma's who had eyes like mine, of daddy's having eye surgery, etc. etc.

this morning has left me reflecting on my feelings.  oddly enough with all the pain and tears surrounding that time of my life, it is not one that i would change.  it made me who i am today, and i like me, a lot. sure i wish i had perfect eyes and a perfect smile.  sometimes i am a bit self conscious. but it is who i am.  everything happens for a reason.  i have learned so much and who knows how i would have been if my life events had been different.

5 comments:

  1. your beautiful. i love ya.

    ps. i am totally jel you have no wrinkles. x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kristi, you are one of the most beautiful people I have ever met both inside and out. I am so grateful to have you in my life and be related to you as well. Also, being able to spend time with you and your family makes me feel so fortunate.

    Love you and your family.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather. You are a beautiful kind hearted women. You have four beautiful healthy children and a wonderful husband. You are right that everything happens for a reason. God only knows the reason that bad things happen to good people. Life lessons I suppose. I am so grateful that we were able to spend time together at Silver Lake. I feel much closer to you and your mom. Love and hugs to all of you.
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have you any other way. I love you just as you are.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh honey, you are so beautiful both inside and out! We all experience different challenges in our lives and it molds us and makes us who we become as adults. Your experiences have given you great compassion in your interactions with others and always seeing the good in people. We can never loose sight of all we have to be grateful for in our lives, all the blessings God has given us. Your Dad and I have been given four beautiful children that grew into four beautiful caring giving adults and we are so proud of the individuals you have all become. Each of you very different and talented in your own right, all molded by different life experiences. Couldn't be prouder of all!!!
    Love you honey! Mom

    ReplyDelete