Monday, January 14, 2013

Admitted

I thought lily had avoided this round of being sick, but it has gotten the best of her. I could feel the heat of her fever radiating off her body during the wee hours on Friday night.

Saturday morning we headed for the ER. I planned on the usual.. Blod cultures, antibiotics, then back home and follow up the next day. Well, her fever has not subsided. We have been admitted and were told that she needs to be 24 hours without a fever to be discharged. If this is the virus my boys had we could be here another week.

I miss running around chasing my boys.  I miss their stories, the sound of their humming and pitter pattering around. I know I will see them soon, I think this is the longest I have been away from them and I miss the closeness. They came by to see lily in the ER and each brought her a book that they had picked out. Her eyes lit up seeing and hearing them. Now we are up in a room and they are not allowed to come visit since its RSV season. And since she has a virus, she cannot leave the room. We are sort of quarantined, At least we have a window that overlooks the mountains. 

Lily did have a high fever during the night, so I am sure that just bought us more time here. She is now resting peacefully asleep in the twin hospital bed we have been sharing. There is a window seat/bed for me but I gravitate to her.  Finding comfort next to her sweet little body. 

She knows I am here for her as new faces pop in and out the door, poking and prodding. Yes, I am the 'still' breast feeding mom who requests a fresh apple for my daughter instead of the canned cocktail fruit they want to give her. I was told they do not give apples to children her age as its a choking hazard...I had to talk to the kitchen manager about that one.  She has a full mouth of teeth and eats at least one a day at home.  She has not eaten much, but it's been healthy. Apples, carrots, the quioa salad my mom brought in. Hopefully these foods will help her to recover quickly. 

Much hoping to be home with the rest of my lovies soon.



1 comment: