Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Yesterday

~yesterday i celebrated my 39th birthday

 ~there were lots of hugs and kisses

 ~yesterday, i learned my baby needs treatment for her tumor,

 ~yesterday, i felt sadness and joy in the same moment

 ~there were tears, more hugs and kisses

 ~ yesterday lily's top tooth popped through, three others are close behind,

 ~yesterday i hiked muddy trails with three little toe head boys and a baby girl snuggled close on my chest,

 ~we played with sticks, rocks, and snow. It was dirty, and messy, and we enjoyed every moment. we lost ourselves in our imaginary world together.

 ~yesterday,i listened to my 6 year old explain what a tumor is to his 4 and 2 year old brothers. It sounds so sweet through his words. 'lily has an extra muscle behind her eyes. The doctors are going to help her' 

~More tears, more hugs and kisses.

 ~yesterday, Landon played with glue for the first time. Together we pealed it from his tiny fingers 

~yesterday, we scheduled our appointment to meet with the oncology team. Next Friday, December 2 @ 9:15. again so many emotions all at the same time.

 ~yesterday two little boys rode bikes through the mountains. They begged me to watch them go 20 miles an hour through the woods. All because they can go that fast:).

 ~happy birthday was sung followed by pie, ice cream, and fresh strawberries ~and many, many hugs and kisses.

 ~ I tucked two little, giggling boys into a top bunk together,

 ~another little boy snuggled up close as he drifted asleep. A baby girl slept in my arms. A husband studied the night sky with his telescope, perhaps seeking answers,

 ~yesterday I enjoyed a much needed glass of wine with my soulmate and best friend,

 Today, I am thankful for it all. For every moment I have with those I love, both far and near. I am so very thankful for our experiences together. Happy Thanksgiving. Treasure all you have today, live in the present. Be present. Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday and happy thanksgiving. were thinking of you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday! Living in the present is such a true way of living, I try to practice it - but sigh - I am not very good at it... breathe in and out.

    ReplyDelete